<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Nana Died 

No, Nana is not a dog, a fish or a truck. This time a person did die. She was my Grandpa's wife. The one that my mom spanked on Thanksgiving. She died of a heartattack in her bed. This is what happened as far as I know...

Nana's neighbors hadn't seen her in a while so they called the cops. I don't know what the cops did because Nana's nephew went over to her house with the locksmith and got inside. The doctors said that it seemed that she had been dead from 7-10 days! That is the saddest part. I hope that when I die that I am surrounded by people who love me and that I am not alone. My family found out today and they went to go and tell my Papa. This is what happened...

My three siblings, my two parents, Nana's brother and his wife all were at the nursing home and in the hallway they decided that my dad was going to tell my Papa. So they walk in and Dick, Nana's brother, tells Papa that they had something to tell him and that my dad was going to say it. So my dad starts and says that they have something to tell him about Vi, aka Nana. Then Dick jumps in and says, "She died! She died! Of a heartattack and nobody found her for ten days!" So my dad was like, "OK Dick, go ahead." Then Barbara, Dick's wife, says to my family, "So when are you guys going to Hawaii?" While my Papa is trying to say something. She looks over at him for a minute then looks back at my family and says, "They have wonderful busses there. I will always take the bus. It doesn't matter how many people are on it. I don't care. I love the bus in Hawaii." Then Dick says, "Oh, be quiet already!" Barbara, "I am telling them about the bus!"

Then I call my mom because I had a note on my door saying that she called. So she tells me about it and then she gives the phone to my sister and she talks to me. Then my brother wants to talk to me so she gives him the phone and he is talking to me for a while. Then I get another call so I tell my brother to hold on and I flip over and it is my sister. I hear my brother sitting next to her and he was like, "Oh my gosh I can't believe you! I am talking to her. Christine, she is sitting right next to me!" So I tell my sister to hold on and I flip back over to Cliff and then he says, "See? Who does she want to talk to now?" Then he tells me about his stand-up competitions and then I get another call. So I tell him that I got another call and he says, "I wonder who that is?! I wonder!" Then I flip over and it was my other brother Danny. Then Cliff says, "Oh, I see how it is!" Then Danny says, "Cliff was hogging you so I am calling you. Sarah is on her phone, Cliff is on Mom's phone and I am on Dad's phone!" My family is so crazy. All this is happening in the nursing home where my Papa is learning about his wife dying. My family is so weird. I love them.

HHHMMMmmm...I wonder if I can get bereavement since she died. Even though I am not going to the service? That would be nice because I don't have work on Sunday, then I could get Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off too. Then I would not have to worry about going to work all week while my family is here. They get here on Sunday! 5 days!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com