<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I want to be immortal! 

Ok, I don't want to live forever. That is not what I mean by being immortal. I just watched Big Fish today. It is a movie about a man who tells stories his whole life. His son is upset because he feels like he doesn't really know his father. He feels that all these stories are not true. Through out the move we learn of all these people that the dad comes into contact with and how he effects their lives. By the end of the movie the son realizes that these stories might not be that tall after all. I will not ruin the movie for you if you have not seen it but I want to be like this man. One that makes a difference in other peoples lives.

This movie also reminds me of a story that I heard from a speaker about his grandfather. The grandfather died and the speaker was at the funeral. There were so many people there. So many that he didn't even know half of them. He asked about some of the shady looking people and learned that his grandfather had made a difference in their lives that he had encouraged them not to give up and they ended up living a dream that they had not believed possible.

I want my life to make a difference. I want to tell stories of my live and those stories to live on in other people. I want to live on in the memory of others. I want people to tell stories of the day that they met a girl and how their lives were forever change because she had something that they wanted and she gave it to them.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com