<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

Fire truck, Mabuhay, drunkard 

Well, life has been kinda exciting lately. Not really but kinda. Yesterday I had to go to the bank to get money to buy my plane ticket. I walk into the bank and fill out my slips and stand in line. Then I see a lady laying on her side and all her grocery bags are scattered around her. There is a haole lady (white lady) and she is bent down in front of her and is saying, "You are really out of it right now." The lady on the ground is staring into space. I get to the front and get my money and asked what happened. The teller tells me that she passed out. It turns out that she is diabetic and had taken her insulin and had not eaten. I left the bank, when I get to the parking lot and it was full of fire trucks and ambulances. Well actually there was only one of each but the parking lot is small and they filled it up.

Then my sister and I went to China town to buy stuff for her to take to her friends back home because she leaves tomorrow. So we hadn't eaten yet so we stop at Mabuhay a Filipino restaurant. We walk in and the place was packed and everybody stops and looks at us. The place gets quiet. (It is times like this that I remember that I am white and am a minority here. I am used to being around people of other races and that being normal so when everybody stops to stare at me I remember that I am different.) So we have a few seconds of being uncomfortable and sit down at a table. We talk to the man sitting next to us he gives us tips on what to buy. We got some chicken thing and pork adobo. It was really good. The guys who were eating were selecting songs from the jukebox and most of them my sister would know so she would start singing along or lip sinking and dancing in her chair. The Filipino guys really got a kick out of it. Then they went and picked another song and put in extra money and asked Sarah to pick a song. So she went and found the song she wanted but she didn't really know what she was doing and she punched in the wrong number and some other song that she did not know came on. The funny thing was that all the guys in the place knew the song. It was kinda funny.

Then we left there and went to the market place and as we stop at the first little booth we hear some yelling. It was a man. I think that he was drunk and he was yelling at someone and telling them that he did not do drugs. We don't know why he was mad but everybody stopped to look at him. There was a white guy in a baby blue visor and for some reason the drunk man did not like him so he was yelling at him, "He you whitey! I am going to rip your eyes out!" or something.

I just can't help but think that there is always excitement where ever I go. Always things are happening. Not normal everyday things but strange weird things. Maybe I just attract weirdness. Maybe... just maybe.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com