<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 09, 2004

The legacy of the pins... Gone! 

I have had my purse since Christmas 2001. My sister gave it to me because I needed a purse for my trip to Africa. (I normally didn't use a purse) The purse was a Dickies gray corduroy. It was perfect for me. Returning from Africa I was surprised to find that I continued to use it, which was a first for me.

Upon my return I started to collect pins and I would place them on my purse. The collection started on the small little pins and I would put them on the strap of the purse. That was all I wanted, was small pins for the strap. Then my friends started to give me pins that were too big for the strap so I didn't want to be rude so I put them on the bag itself. I think that I have collected about 60 pins and they were all on my purse.

The tragic part of the story. The whole reason for this story in the first place is that I found out today that my purse was stolen. Along with all the pins. Some of those pins had sentimental value for me. (The last thing that the man I love gave me was a pin. My sister asked a bass player of a band for one of his pins, the Amelie one, the "I am loved" and the "I caught you picking your nose" pins that my bestfriend Girlie gave me.)

I guess I was just stupid enough to leave my purse in the car. They also took the sweatshirt that was on top of the purse hiding it. Why didn't I lock the car you ask? Well the car needs to be sent into Pimp my Ride. But seeing as we don't live in So Cal we aren't allowed. The previous owner of the car was a druggy and the cops came and performed a drug bust on the car. Thus removing anything that is remotely removable. So I guess I am saying all this just to say the car is not lockable.

I just finished canceling my credit card. I hope whoever took my purse did not use it before I had the chance to put a block on the account.

The Legacy of the Pins...Gone.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com