<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Living in the moment. 

I have been thinking, thanks to Bats blog, see link to the left. 
 
What if someone gave you $86,400 everyday. There were no strings attached except that you had to spend every dime of it that day. There is no roll over. You can only spend it that day. But the next day you get $86,400 to spend. Well this is what it is like in life. We are given 86,400 seconds every day and we have to spend them that day. Only one chance to use them. Live those seconds!
 
How do you live in the moment? You cannot catch the present because it is continually vanishing. So it seems that this makes it very hard to live in the moment. I want to live in the moment. I don't want a second to pass without me taking advantage of it.
 
You are only given one chance to live each second. You cannot rewind and try again. I know it kinda seems very picky to try to live each second to grieve for lost time. But think about - if you add up all the seconds that you waste each day during your whole life I am sure that we waste away years of our lives.

I think that sometimes I live in the moment when I at at small group. Now when I am talking or what ever but when I just sit back and watch my small group kids. When they sing, when the give each other advice,  when they dance, when they joke and laugh. Sometimes I just sit there and watch. I watch then interact with each other, I watch them love and care for each other. I don't even know how to explain what I fell when I am there. I think that that might be part of living in the moment. 

People always say I wish I would have made more of my life, I wish that I was younger, I wish I had traveled, I wish I had made a difference, I wish I wish. Stop wishing and start living! Start living!! Make something of your life, book a flight and go somewhere, make a difference in someone's life. Go Go Go!
 
How do you take advantage of each second? I don't know. How do you live in the moment? I don't know. But try!
  
   



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com