<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 09, 2004

Foolishness 

So what is a fool anyways? How big of a deal is foolishness? I have been thinking about this a lot the past couple days.
The definition of a fool is: One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding. One who acts unwisely on a given occasion. A mentally deficient person; an idiot. To deceive or trick; dupe. To engage in idle or frivolous activity. A person deficient in intellect; one who acts absurdly, or pursues a course contrary to the dictates of wisdom; one without judgment; a simpleton; a dolt.(I did not include the ones about a jester or someone whose job is in entertainment.)
I know that if I look up the word folly I will find more but I am too tired to look it up at this time.
But what made me think about this was an older lady friend of my pointed this out when I was telling her about some of the problems I was having with some of my friends and how they make me mad about some of the things that they do and say. So she was telling me about foolishness. (normally I don't like to put a whole lot of religious stuff in here but...) She read me this verse in the Bible Proverbs 13:20 which says, "He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed."
That made me think...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com