<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 26, 2004

I ran out of gas. 

Yesterday I took my car in to get the odometer taken out so that I could fix it. I waited for them to take it out then I had my roommate take me to the guy who fixes the odometer. He told me that it would not be ready till the next day. That really sucked.

So I went to pick up the odometer at the fix it guys place at 8:30am. Then took it to the shop where my car was so that they could put it back in. Then I went to my 9 o'clock class and told the mechanics that I would be back at noon to pick up my car.

After class I had my friend drop me off. I go inside and the mechanic asked if I got his message. I hadn't seeing as I was in class the whole time. He said that the speedometer cable had broken. It was going to cost me $65 to buy the cable abd $100 to replace it. SUCK!!!! They had not even put the odometer back in yet either! I had to wait for 3 hours for them to put it back in. So I took a two and a half hour nap in the waiting room while I waited because I had only slept for four hours the night before.

I was going to go and get a cell phone today after picking up my car. But once the car was done I had to go back to school for another class.

I never had the chance to get the phone because I had to leave for my high school small group that I lead. I also had to pick up one of the kids on the way. I was hoping that I would be able to make it to the town where small group was because gas there is 12 cents cheaper. I thought I would be able to make it.

Not a chance. On the freeway I ran out of gas. So Jose and I got out and walked to the call bax that had an emergancy phone in it. Jose told me that he thought that this was so cool. I thought he was crazy. I had a good attitude about it though.

We walked back to the car and sat on the wall next to the freeway and waited for our friend Dixon to come and bring us a can of gas because a gas station was too far for us to walk.

We waited and waited. I felt like I was going to spend the rest of my life sitting on that wall waiting. Finally Dixon showed up and I started to put the one gallon of gas in my car.

While I was doing this Jose walked up to me and said, "Hey, its Miles." As if Miles was some famous guy. Miles is the guitar player in my band. He had seen me on the side of the road and wondered if I was ok so he turned around to check.

Finally we made it to small group and hour late! But at least we made it. We had small group and after all the kids came out to see my car. One of the guys, Justin, reads my blog so he had read that entry that I made saying that I was in love.

They were looking at it and Justin kept on saying that he was falling in love and thought that my car was the best. I asked him if he was making fun of me and he said no. They got a kick out of the rust holes in the roof and the different color hood and fender. But they all loved it and thought that it screamed my name. I thought that was cute.

They really loved it. One of the guys even said they were getting hot over my car. I thought that was funny. They all wanted to know if it went fast too. And of course I told them it did.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com