<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Napoleon Dynamite 

I just love the movie Napoleon Dynamite! It is one of those stupid movies. I saw it for the second time yesterday. The first time I saw it I didn't laugh so much. But I couldn't stop laughing right from the opening credits the second time.

I appreciated the credits a lot more the second time than the first. The credits are done on different random floors and then there are plates of food placed on the floors that have the peoples names on it and stuff. The first time I saw it I just thought that they were random meals but after watching it the second time I realized that these foods are foods that you see them eating throughout the movie. Very clever I think.

I read a review or something and the guy didn't like the movie. I guess I am just a weird one. (Yes I can admit it.) I love stupid humor. I just laughed right away on the first shot of Napoleon where he is just standing there with his eyes half open and he is not doing anything except having his mouth gaping open.

My friend whose first time seeing it looked at me and said, "Why are you laughing?" I just shrugged my shoulders and laughed.

One of my favorite parts is when Napoleon does his dance routine. He does such a good job. You don't expect him to be a good dancer then he just lets it all out. He was just so cute. I couldn't help but get a small kine crush on the kid.

One thing that I thought was funny was how the clothes were from the 70's. Especially Napoleon's Prom outfit. But the music is from the 80's or something (I love the music). And the world wide web/technology stuff from the 90's. (ok ok I got that stuff from the review that I read but here is some more stuff that I noticed on my own.)

Watching the movie you think that it is set in the 80's but in the opening credits if you notice on his school ID card it has the school year on it, 2004-2005. (ok ok I did not notice this on my own either my sister pointed it out to me but the rest is my own I promise.)

They go to some school in Idaho and their initials are PHS. I don't exactly know what that stands for except something high school but... They have a presidential election and I don't know any Jr high school that does that. Maybe I am wrong. Anyways they have recess. Have you heard of a high school with recess? At recess Napoleon plays tether ball and you see some of the other kids playing jump rope. These seem like Jr. High school stuff too me.

Well if you go see the movie I hope that you like it. I loved it! If you didn't like it feel free to tell me so. It won't hurt my feelings. If you do go and see it or if you have already seen it and noticed some other quirky things let me know about those too.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com