<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 13, 2004

Nothing to eat except for cake! 

All I have been eating lately is haupia cake. (coconut cake) I have probably eaten nearly ten big slices of this cake. There is nothing to eat in my apartment except for this huge sheet cake. It is huge and I have no idea where it came from.

This happens to me a lot. Food just randomly appears in my house. Once I came home from somewhere I don't remember where and there was three garbage bags full of good food on my doorstep. I don't know how it got there because there is a door that is locked that you have to get through to even get to my doorstep.

Another time there was two five pound containers of Country Crock margarine in the fridge which is weird because both my roommate and I buy butter. So I ask all my roommates where it came from and they all had no idea. Also in the fridge at this time was some salad and not one of us knew where that came from either.

There was at another time a big can of spaghetti sauce in the cupboard. That does not sound too weird except for the fact that when I make spaghetti I make it from scratch and not from a can. I asked my roommate and she had no idea about it and I asked her if she thought it would be ok if we took it back to the store and got something different. She laughed at me and asked, "Which store?" I did not know so we just made spaghetti from a can. It wasn't too bad.

Now back to my story of having nothing to eat. Well I do have cans of tuna. But one of my roommates thought it would be clever if she could soak the can opener in a bowl full of water. Well after it dried the thing rusted up and now it does not work. Normally I would just walk downstairs to my good friend Antonio's house and use his. Well today I was just too lazy to walk downstairs and I had been eating tuna since I got back from California so I was not really in the mood.

So I look in the cupboard and see a box of Mac and Cheese that I had bought quite awhile ago. Now, I have no idea why I bought the Mac and cheese because you need to use milk to make it and I never buy milk because it is way too expensive. Nearly US$6 a gallon. Ridiculous! So seeing the Mac and cheese box I think to myself maybe there will be milk in the fridge for some strange reason. So I look inside and lo and behold there is a gallon of milk. I don't know why I never saw it before from all the times that I ate the mystery cake. (today included) I assume that my roommate bought the milk but I could be wrong on that too. So I checked the expiration date and it was for the 20th and opened it up and smelled it. Smelled ok. So I made Mac and cheese.

Yay! Something besides mystery cake! Whoo hooo!!!
Well if I never come back to you will know that I have been poisoned from all the food that shows up in my house that I eat because I am too cheap to go and buy my own. So lets hope that no one tries to do that to me. :)

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com