<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

To move or not to move...that is the question. 

I have been thinking about moving to Seattle WA. My band is thinking about relocating there because it would be easier for us to make it big over there.

I have always been skeptical about small time bands thinking that they could make it big. I have been in some really good bands and they had some really good potential. The problem with the whole idea of "Making it big" is that most of the time the people who make it big have a lot of money that they can use to help them make it big.

My band has no money to make it big. We are all just normal 20/30 something people with regular jobs. Yeah we have a good sound and everyone who comes to our shows think that we sound good. But there are so many bands that sound good. That are so talented that never make it big.

One of the things that made me think twice about this was Randall. He is my drummer and he is the oldest one in our band. He is the one who is the most realistic. He has his head screwed on really tight. He made a comment yesterday saying that he was positive that if we kept on play that he was sure that we would get sponsored. I just stopped and looked at him. He was serious.

I told my band that I thought them going to Seattle was a good idea. But that I would not be able to go with them because I had to stay here and finish school and then go and be a missionary. I told them if they wanted to find another bass player who was committed to going then they were free to. They said that they would wait till the time came.

I don't know why I am thinking about this now because they don't even plan on going for another year and a half. I should just wait and decide then.

Then I was thinking that this could be a temptation for me to draw me away from the mission field. But then I was thinking that I can do missions later but I might not be able to do music and be in a band later. Maybe the band will be where I can get money to pay for my missions. But then we could also not make it. And the would thing would be a waste of my time.

The band asked me to reconsider going. I told them that I was but I would wait to decide when the time came. I told them that if God wanted me to go then I would go but if He didn't then I would have to stay behind. Because if I went and God didn't want me to go with them it would be bad and miserable for all of us.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com